See a SUPARTZ
Traveling With My Knee
Traveling can be a challenge if you have knee pain. Here are some tips that could make your travel or vacation more enjoyable.
- Plan ahead. Advance preparations are important for any trip or vacation. Be realistic about what things you can do safely and comfortably
- Pick a vacation tour that meets your needs. Research the amenities, transportation and lodging options offered by different tours. Do this online or with your travel agent
- Request assistance in advance. If you need wheelchair assistance at the airport, request it with the airline when you book your trip
- Carry more medication than you need. So you won't be caught short if you extend your trip
- Carry a short medical history of yourself. This should include a list of your prescriptions and your doctor's name and phone number
- Be practical about luggage. Use luggage with wheels and only carry on things that you'll need during the flight
- Wear comfortable shoes. Traveling usually involves walking, so you should wear comfortable, well-fitting shoes
Relax, enjoy and don't overdo it!