See a SUPARTZ
No one knows your knee—and the pain and discomfort you're feeling from osteoarthritis—better than you. So when you visit your doctor for a diagnosis of your knee, it's up to you to let the doctor know how you feel and which treatments you would like to try. After all, it's your knee and you're the only one who has to live with the results of the treatment.
Before your appointment, print out and answer the My Knee Assessment Tool on this Web site to help you describe your knee pain to your doctor. Also, print out and complete the My Knee Pain Tracker on this site to demonstrate how your pain persists over a period of weeks.
If you are diagnosed with knee osteoarthritis, here are some questions you may want to ask your doctor when choosing your treatment:
- What are the typical treatments that you recommend for knee osteoarthritis patients—and what results do they usually experience?
- Have you recommended HA or viscosupplementation joint injections to your patients?
- Which kind of patients tend to benefit from that type of therapy?
- Which joint injection treatments do you usually prescribe?
- Have you ever used SUPARTZ for your patients?
- Would I be a good candidate for SUPARTZ?
- How could SUPARTZ help me resume my activities?
The answers to these questions could help you take a more active role to confidently choose the right treatment for your knee so you can get back to being yourself again.